January is a dreary month, essentially one long Monday. I’m not one of these that is all hyped up about the possibility of new year new me, as my previous post Let’s talk about these New Year resolutions arguably shows. Have a read if you haven’t already. That being said I do enjoy seeing what brands are releasing and trying to get us to spend our lack of money on. Let’s be honest guys, Christmas is amazing, but expensive and leaving us ever so skint.
What am I cheering myself up with? Sadly nothing but the search for a new job. If anyone does fancy being REALLY NICE, below is a list of what I am dreaming of adding to my wardrobe.
1. Those of you who look at my style will see I am a big fan of checks especially in footwear. Seeing that Vans have reworked some classic styles with a new aesthetic, I am all over. Introducing the Checkerboard Pack. Dropping at the end of this month. I will be definitely adding the Sk8-Hi’s into my collection. These just continue more than a decade worth of my Sk8-Hi’s obsession. These are a must pick up. (Image taken from vans.com)
2. Convere X Comme Des Garcons, Polka Dot. I have been meaning to add both styles of these collaborative gems to my archive. As a fan of both brands, I feel that Comme Des Garcons has really brought something unique to this collab with a bold polka dot appearance. (Image taken from doverstreetmarket.com)
3. Nike X Dover Street Market. Smart, sleek and pristine. Going with the fact a lot of my wardrobe is black I’m sticking to the Black Footwear, Comfort for all the Hypebeasts. These are some of the nicest Air Max out at the moment, first pair of Air Max that has made me pay attention, only other pairs were the X Off White The 10’s and Anniversary Aqua colour way. (Image taken from doverstreetmarket.com)
4. Where would the fashion world be without Off White? Constant streams of unbelievable heat coming out from them and this year looks to be the same. The latest kicks are these hi-tops and In True Off White Fashion they are a statement. Bold smart and elegant, perfect to be paired with some cropped trousers and shirt, then you’re all set for a night on the town, hey why not go wild and ‘paint the town Off White’. (Image taken from End Clothing)
1. Off White, at it again, damn fine print and sleeve print always swings a win for me. Like I said trying to save in January is hard especially when your taste involves Off White Prices.
2. My wardrobe has a lack of The Hundreds and Rebel 8 in it at the moment. I think this year I am going to aim to build up my collection of these under appreciated streetwear brands.
Valentines is coming, (ahh another holiday, this is also my better halfs birthday so extra January savings! We always make a big fuss and this year is going to be no exception). What screams more romance like a dying rose on a tee? Probably A LOT of things, but that doesn’t stop this tee being outright baller.
3. Comme Des Garcons have brought out their Spring Season. This tee for is the winner, two large hearts creating a striking image, the contrasting colours allow each of the hearts to truly stand out. This by far the best thing in the latest collection. (Image taken from Dover Street Market)
4. Thrasher X Atlantic Drift. Thrasher, is a true power house of skate, and if you are into your boarding then you should know this and already be representing these. This time we see Thrasher collaborating with Atlantic Drift for a capsule collection to coincide with Episode 6 of Atlantic Drift. (Image taken from Slam City Skates)
(Images taken from MRBLD’s Instagram, keeping the leaks and hype strong)
1. Richard Mosse For Supreme.
3. Chicken Dinner.
4. Doc Marten X Supreme X Public Enemy.
Now, I don’t want to go into major detail about these cause, well we don’t even know if these are legit yet. Yet if they are unfortunately the only pieces I am feeling are for me is the Richard Mosse collab. If this is happening we can expect to see Tee’s, Hoody’s, Deck’s and following last years Serrano possibly Vans. If this happens I am going to be all over the Tee, Deck and Vans. So lets wait and see what comes of this leak!
UPDATE: Apparently the Richard Mosse which I was excited to see release is FAKE NEWS. This information comes from a comment direct from the artist claiming that this is false and not going to be happening. I would have liked to have seen this, hopefully Supreme use another great artist for SS18 and in my opinion should see if Richard Mosse would be agreeable for a future collab.
THAT is that then. I will obviously keep you all updated if I cave and purchase something, if I am honest the Converse, Vans and Thrasher Tee are calling my name… I have serious issues.